Michelle Williams' successful portrayal of Marilyn Monroe: awarded Golden Glove 2012

Michelle William as Marilyn Monroe

"Deception" actress Michelle Williams took home the 69th Golden Globe Sunday January 15 night for her portrayal of movie legend Marilyn Monroe in "My Week With Marilyn." It is an honor that her 6-year-old daughter Matilda helped her acheive.



"Thank you to the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for putting in my hand the same award that Marilyn Monroe herself won over 50 years ago," Williams said as she accepted for best actress in a film comedy or musical.


"I was learning how to be in [Marilyn]... I was getting there and one of the ways that I practiced her was in the princesses in the bedtime stories," the actress told Access Hollywood's Billy Bush, when asked of her process for nailing down Marilyn's voice while reading to her daughter. "[My princesses] all had a kind of breathy quality," she explained. During her acceptance speech on Sunday night, Michelle thanked Matilda - whom she had with the late Heath Ledger - saying her "bravery and exuberance is the example that I take with me in my work and in my life."

"I consider myself a mother first and an actress second," she said on the Globes stage. "I want to say thank you [to Matilda] for sending me off to this job every day with a hug and a kiss." As for her best winglady and former "Dawson's Creek" co-star, Busy Philipps, the Golden Globe winner was happy to have her friend by her side on the big night. "She is [fun.] She's the best date," Michelle added.

Woody Allen won the Golden Globe for best film comedy or musical screenplay for "Midnight In Paris."

On January 15, Michelle William with the award
 

Popular Posts

Archives