Adriana Lima, a Brazilian model, best known as a Victoria's Secret Angel since 2000, and as a spokesmodel for Maybelline cosmetics from 2003 to 2009, has surprised the world with the details of her over-the-top training methods and diet to help prep for the upcoming Victoria's Secret fashion show. She admits that she sticks to liquids for nine days before the runway show and stops drinking water 12 hours prior, in order to purge water weight. The liquids include protein shakes made with powdered eggs and a gallon of water daily, according to The Telegraph.
Lima followed her nutritionist:
1. She sees her personal nutritionist who has records of her body’s muscle mass, fat ratio, and levels of water retention.
2. The nutritionist then prescribes protein shakes, vitamins, and supplements to help keep Lima from crashing during her training period. She also takes in a gallon of water a day.
3. For the nine days before the big Victoria’s Secret show, Lima will only drink protein shakes which have a primary base of powdered eggs. She’s barred from eating solid foods.
4. Two days before the show, Lima stops the gallon of water each day and drinks based solely upon need.
5. Twelve hours before the show, Lima cuts off all liquid intake to lean out.
"Everybody is talking about my crazy diet," Lima told E! News on Wednesday. "I know it's very intense but...I just have an athlete's mind and I appreciate doing this thing." During the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, models walk the runway in bras, underwear and bikinis, often with very little coverage. They often don feathers or angel wings. Top lingerie brand's event, this year, featured performances from Nicki Minaj, Adam Levine, Jay-Z and Kanye West, while Adriana Lima, Miranda Kerr, Alessandra Ambrosio and other models walked the runway. The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 will be aired on CBS on November 29. Wish to see the beauty of dieting.
|Adriana Lima, Victoria Secret Fashion show|