Michelle Williams plays Marilyn Monroe: the latest one to play the role.


The WB television teen drama "Dawson's Creek"(1998-2003) star Michelle Williams plays the role of Marilyn Monroe in the indie film "My Week with Marilyn," which hit the theaters on November 23. The film is based on Colin Clark's book named My Week With Marilyn and chronicles his time spent working with Monroe while she was in England shooting the romantic comedy "The Prince and the Showgirl" in 1956.

"I padded myself some," Williams told OnTheRedCarpet.com of trying to become Marilyn Monroe for the role. "I never really thought about how there are just some distances that I will never be able to cross. I can't restructure my face completely. I can't grow a few inches. I can't dictate with the weight I gain where it will land, so I have to accept that there are certain ways we are never going to meet and I have to satisfy myself with going after her essences."

Michelle Williams is the last but not the least actress to take on the challenging role of playing Marilyn Monroe. The actresses include Angelina Jolie, Ashley Judd, Barbara Niven, Poppy Montgomery, Sophie Monk, Charlotte Sullivan, Lindsay Lohan, Nicole KidmanAnna Nicole Smith etc.

Mark Jenkins, American artist most widely known for the street installations he creates using box sealing tape at the Washington Post, writes: “Williams’s Monroe is more vital than anything else. The actress captures Monroe’s range of emotions and personae, her shifts from vulnerability to brashness.” Roger Ebert writes: “What matters is the performance by Michelle Williams. She evokes so many Marilyns, public and private, real and make-believe. We didn’t know Monroe, but we believe she must have been something like this.” Williams is currently shooting the fantasy film "Oz: The Great and Powerful" and it will be released on March 8, 2013.

Marilyn Monroe, the beauty


Popular Posts

Archives